Goals of the conference
The organisers set the following mutually reinforcing goals for the conference:
- Discuss the significance of economic growth as a policy goal and deconstruct underlying assumptions of GDP being the only mean to achieve economic policy objectives.
- Shift the discourse towards future-oriented economic policymaking and the benefits of beyond-growth indicators for a well-being European economy.
- Shape the EU’s path to a more resilient economic agenda in line the European Green Deal objectives and the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Create real policy impact with new proposals to establish a new social, economic and environmental contract.
- Create new and unusual alliances between a great diversity of stakeholders.