Focus panel 3 – Beyond growth beyond Europe: What policies and partnerships?
The aim of this panel is to challenge the notion that Beyond Growth approaches cannot be beneficial for Africa, Latin America and Asia, while emphasising the role the EU needs to play. The discussion will focus on policies and frameworks that can work both for the EU and for partner countries and regions. The panel will also explore whether and how the Agenda 2030 can facilitate a shift towards Beyond Growth and the implications of such a shift for the EU's policies and international partnerships. The panellists will offer their perspectives on the essential components of a new model that can benefit the Global South and urge European policymakers to take specific actions.
- Marisa Matias - MEP (The Left), Beyond Growth Conference organiser
- Jason Hickel - Professor, Autonomous University of Barcelona
- Lebohang Liepollo Pheko - Senior Research Fellow, Trade Collective
- Ritu Verma - Professor, Carleton University
- Raj Patel - Research Professor, University of Texas, Austin
Join the Q&A
Ask questions, vote in polls and be a part of the conversation at the all plenaries and focus panels of the 2023 beyond growth conference. Scan the QR code or go here: sli.do/BeyondGrowth
Stay informed Add to calender Share Event